With years of experience in the pulp and paper industry, Membrane Specialists offers a full range of membrane filtration technologies that allow producers to more efficiently remove by-products and waste from both their products and effluent. We can engineer and build complete systems for traditional uses, such as water recycling and recovery of valuable by-products, as well as some new uses including the production of cellulosic ethanol.
Typical applications include:
- Effluent processing for color, COD/BOD and toxicity removal
- Processing of mechanical or chemical pulping effluent prior to recycling
- Removal of evaporator acid condensate for effluent treatment and water recycling
- De-resining of pulp washwater
- Whitewater processing for fiber recovery
- De-inking effluent
- Concentration of fiberboard effluent
- Recovery of spent sulphite liquor for lignosulphonate fractionation
- Concentration of spent sulphite liquor prior to alcohol production
- Recovery of black liquor for lignin separation and color removal
Years of Experience
With their extensive knowledge of the pulp and paper industry, the experts at Membrane Specialists can engineer membrane-filtration materials and systems that exactly match your application’s requirements.